For many exhibitors, a medium-sized 20x10 trade show booth perfectly meets their requirements. Compared to a 10x10 booth, it offers more space, visibility, flexibility, and branding opportunities.
But the bigger booth also increases your trade show budget. And the more you spend on your exhibit, the more challenging it could be to generate a positive ROI.
Humans are visual creatures and one of the first things that people notice about your booth is your booth design. Ace this vital aspect of your booth and you can stand out from the crowd and encourage more foot traffic.
So, how to design your 20x10 booth? Take inspiration from these 6 expert trade show design ideas specifically for 20X10 trade show booths.
1- Think About Your Event Goals
Exhibitors should lay the foundation of their booth design on their event objectives. Most brands exhibit at trade shows for one of these reasons-
- Boosting brand awareness
- Collecting leads
- Launching a new product
- Meeting new or existing customers/clients/vendors
- Building industry network
Once the event objective is locked in, use it for creating a unique and eye-catching booth.
A 20x10 booth offers a real estate of 200 square feet. As this is not a very big area, ensure you don’t clutter it with a lot of inessential elements. Think about the things you absolutely need at your booth and then work on making them better.
2- Build Your Booth Around a Theme
Your brand should be at the front and center of your 20x10 trade show booth. But exhibitors should avoid overdoing it. Your booth layout should never look like an elaborate company advertisement. A smarter alternative is to design the booth around a theme your brand/product could relate to.
Every element should complement the other and create a feeling of FOMO to attract more visitors. Here are some booth design ideas you can consider-
- Food and beverage brands can think about having a live counter where people can see how your product is prepared and taste it
- A brand from the aviation industry can design the booth like a cockpit
- If you run a chain of retail stores, design your booth to look like one
- An interior design company can have the booth walls reserved for displaying their design work
- If launching a new product at the event, make a live demonstration and testing the centerpiece of the booth
3- Embrace Modern Technologies
Technologies are not just reserved for tech events. As they are now fairly accessible to all and people extensively use them in their everyday life, technological elements can help you attract and engage visitors.
Especially, when you have a 20x10 booth where you have to be careful with the amount of space every booth element is using, technology can help you in many ways. For instance, rather than having a live demonstration at the booth, install a video wall with a product explainer.
Here are a few ideas you can consider for your 20x10 medium trade show booth-
- Use technologies like AR/VR for product demonstrations
- Install touch-screen displays providing attendees with all the information they need about your brand/product
- Deploy a booth game like a custom trivia challenge that can be played on iPads or similar devices
- Integrate lead collection with the booth game to collect more leads, save space, and let the staffers focus on interacting with the attendees
4- Be More Eco-Friendly
Eco-friendly booths are trending in 2023 and for all the right reasons. The global green wave has made consumers environment conscious and many of them now consider the company’s environmental footprint before purchasing products.
According to a study, sustainability is an important purchase criterion for 61% of US consumers. So, adopting greener business practices and building an eco-friendly booth is a step in the right direction.
Here’s a detailed guide on “How to Make a Trade Booth Eco-Friendly?” with some handy tips to be more environmentally conscious with your booth design.
5- Be Creative with Architectural Elements
This is one area where you can let your creativity do the talking. With the help of unique architectural elements, you can make your 20x10 booth stand out from the crowd and entice attendees to explore your booth further.
Think about unconventional angles, shapes, lighting, and structures that align with your brand guidelines to create visual interest. Here are some tips that can help-
- Incorporate overhead structures, hanging signs, or multi-level displays to effectively utilize the vertical space of your booth
- Use different materials, textures, and lighting techniques to enhance the visual appeal
- Use high-resolution images, compelling typography, and vibrant colors for an eye-catching visual treat
6- Hire a Professional for the Booth Design
DIY is great as long as you use it to paint a wall in your home or try and repair an appliance. But when it comes to your trade show booth- something that will consume a good chunk of your annual marketing budget, it is best to trust the pros.
You can now easily find online tools specifically created for booth design. And while this might be enticing as it can also save plenty of money spent on the booth designing company, you’ll be in safer hands with someone with extensive industry and booth designing experience.
The tips listed above can be discussed with a reputed booth designing company for the best results. Here are some of the top reasons to hire a professional booth design company for your 20x10 booth-
- End-to-end service right from conceptualization to installing the booth
- Get the booth designed according to the latest trade show trends
- Turn unique ideas into reality
- Expert design ideas can help you make the most of your limited booth space
- Proves more cost-effective in the long run as professional designing companies have their tie-ups with vendors and suppliers
- Allows you to focus on other vital aspects of your trade show plan
20x10 Booth Designing Success
While a 20x10 trade show booth offers more space and flexibility compared to a 10x10, you still have to be meticulous with the booth design to make the most of the available space. More importantly, start planning the booth design at least 8-12 weeks before the event to ensure you don’t miss out on anything important.
Apart from the booth design, the booth activity you deploy also has a significant impact on attendee engagement. Gamification is an effective way to attract and engage the attendees and make your booth memorable.
Audiencegage builds custom trade show games according to the event objectives of the exhibitors to ensure the game is not only fun and exciting but also contributes to business success. Register for a free demo to learn more.
Join our Newsletter
Sign up to our Newsletter